venerdì, maggio 31, 2013

A test-driven revival

Since more than 1 year I left Freiburg and the BCF to start working in the development of MEMS with Bosch GmbH. For some complicated reasons connected to my work there, I've got involved in software engineering and in particular in test-driven development. But only today I realised why I've got involved there and why I like it.

In fact, test-driven development is a kind of "formalization" of how mathematicians actually work!

In particular, I found it complying with Gower's pedagogical principle.

Following this intuition, I will try in the next days (months?) to revive this blog, and to show that what computer scientists rediscovered in the middle of the of 90ies as test-driven development is nothing but what mathematicians are doing since centuries.

Nessun commento: